Saturday, July 22, 2006

I'm a dyeing fool

This is an 8 gore skirt made out of muslin and LWI in my Wildfire colorway - Fire Engine Red and Antique Gold procion dyes. For Jordan. :)


Cherry Rainbow (named by Zack) WOTA from Knitpicks. This was my first time kettle dyeing and I used kool aid in the following colors: cherry, lemonade, orange, lemon-lime, berry blue and a mix of blastin' berry cherry & ice blue raspberry lemonade.


The other side of the skein.


This one I handpainted with Procion dyes and it is called English Rain. I used Ice Blue, Avocado and Forest Green. Oh, it is Fishermen's wool.


This one is also Fishermen's wool and called Heavy Metal. Also handpainted with the following procion dyes: Black, Cerulean Blue and Bright Yellow.

1 comment:

Erin Joy said...

Stacy, excellent job on the dyeing. The colors are vibrant and beautiful! You need to knit a swatch to really see the beauty of the yarn.

Erin - from SM =)